Seasonal Program Facilitator
Salary: $15 per hour
Status: Seasonal; 20hrs per week; non- exempt. Employment May 11 – September, 2022
Hours: Dependent on program schedule; regular weekend work, some evenings
Responsible to: Director of Sports and Volunteers
The Seasonal Program Facilitator’s primary role is to be an onsite staff contact at Adaptive Sports Connection programs in adaptive recreation. The program facilitator will spend the majority of time in the field delivering programs but should expect some days in the office to fill out program reports, assist with projects. Programs are held primarily in Powell at the Adaptive Sports Connection Adventure Center but may extend into the greater metro area. Programs vary in activities; such as cycling group rides, kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, special events and outings, and outreach events.
- Be an on-site staff contact at Adaptive Sports Connection Summer activities and programs: cycling group rides, kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, special events and outings, and outreach events, and others as needed.
- Assist in executing programs, event and activity logistics, participant evaluations, volunteer training and supervision.
- Coordinate with the Director of Sports and Volunteers, Sport lead, and Event Leader for each event to make sure events run smoothly.
- Provide support to the program office for general office administrative tasks including data entry, filing, processing mail, and maintaining administrative supplies.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with Adaptive Sports Connection community partners.
- Coordinate risk management issues related to programs to ensure that safety remains Adaptive Sports Connections prime goal.
- Assist Program Staff in the maintenance and usage of activity equipment.
- Be a positive representative and promoter of Adaptive Sports Connection programs, events, and activities in our community.
- Comply with Adaptive Sports Connection safety and health policies and procedures.
- Participate fully as a member of the Adaptive Sports Connection staff team; attend staff meetings
- Other duties as identified.
- Experience facilitating group or 1:1 recreation activities. Specific experience in leading and or instruction in kayaking, cycling, sailing or waterskiing preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with disability preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Able to work flexible hours; including regular weekend work.