Status: Full Time, Salaried
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning, execution and reporting on adaptive sport programs resulting in the delivery of consistent, high quality programming experiences. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of programs for participants with physical disabilities, families, volunteers, donors, community members and other public and private adaptive organizations.
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations and lead volunteers on establishing program specific goals and objectives; including identifying, developing and implementing program opportunities.
- Works with the Director of Operations to determine necessary resources; including program supplies, venue, participant marketing and volunteers.
- Implements ASC program delivery procedures at all events as detailed in the pre-event, event delivery and post-event procedures.
- Identifies and cultivates volunteers to successfully meet needs of the program.
- Assists in provision of appropriate training to all program volunteers and interns.
- Ensures programs are delivered effectively to all participants.
- Assists the Director of Operations in program planning process including calendar postings, volunteer recruitment, equipment loading, participant recruitment, communication with partner staff and venue set up.
- Assists the Director of Operations and Lead Volunteers in program delivery including registration, risk management and safety, volunteer management, adaptive sport delivery and venue tear down.
- Assists in post- event duties including storage and unloading of equipment, data entry, reporting and follow up with participants, volunteers and other community members as necessary.
- Implements appropriate safety and risk management protocols as related to specific program.
- Ensures all essential program equipment is available and in good working order for events. This includes securing additional equipment when necessary, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assists in actively recruiting participants for programs utilizing all of the resources available, human and technological, to maximize event participation.
- Provides direct client services, support and instruction in all programs as needed.
- Works cohesively with the ASC Team to contribute to a dynamic work environment and exceptional program delivery.
- Follows policies and procedures as defined by ASC manuals.
- Reports concerns and issues directly to supervisor.
- Engages in all other duties as assigned.
Substantial knowledge and experience in adaptive sports and recreation.
Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of adaptive programming, disability awareness and sport specific skills.
Strong organizational, management and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize projects enhancing work flow using independent judgment in making decisions that affect day to day operations of ASC.
Has the ability to work with a variety of different people including potential sponsors, event managers, volunteers, participants with special needs, Board of Directors and program staff.