Salary – $12.50/hour
Full Time Position – 40 hours a week (hourly position)
Health Benefits included – employee pays 50%
No paid time off
General hours 9 am – 5 pm in office unless weekends or evenings needed for events then hours may be adjusted. Some flexibility in working from home.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sports and Volunteers with strategic oversight from the Executive Director.
Description of Company
Adaptive Sports Connection is a 501 (c) (3) organization that provides outdoor sports and recreation, as well as educational initiatives to improve the quality of life for youth, adults and veterans with physical and cognitive disabilities. Our sports include skiing, cycling, kayaking and paddle boarding, sailing, climbing, waterskiing and wakeboarding.
Summary Of Duties Administrative Assistant/Bike Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant provides support for overall front office activities, including reception area, mail, and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities to support office communications, systems, advancement, and program staff. Administrative Assistant may be assigned special projects based on workload.
Areas of Responsibility
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff
- Keep the office orderly and clean
- Perform general office duties such as typing, correspondence, data entry, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, mailings, etc.
- Assist in maintaining office technology including phones, computers, software, and other infrastructure to support daily operations
- Assist with overall coordination of program calendars, meetings, major events
- Assist with maintaining and updating NeonCRM database as needed
- Manage all donor acknowledgement and mailings
- Manage office volunteers to assist with duties
- Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization
- Provide meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics)
- Provide support to fundraising efforts, event planning, follow up and outreach
- Support accounting with cash receipts
- Conducts duties and tasks as requested within the general context of this role.
- Assist Director of Sports & Volunteers with scheduling and preparing for all general volunteer orientations
- Facilitate volunteer background checks and communicate results to new volunteers
- Connect new volunteers with sports coordinators
- Assist with managing and recruiting volunteers for all special events
- Assist in scheduling volunteer trainings for special events
- Support volunteers in scheduling community exhibits and fairs – coordinate with Director
- Assist Director in scheduling and coordinating with corporate workgroups
Assist Executive Director
- Coordinate publications and materials including presentations, special events, annual campaign and grants
- Prepare all donor acknowledgement for Executive Director (coordinate with ED)
- Prepare weekly report on donations, donor acknowledgement, and thank you note sent
- Record and process all incoming grants and donations and send report to ED
- Assist with programmatic data entry
- Maintain and organize participant, volunteer and program files
- Respond to staff requests for administrative support as needed
- Follow policies and procedures as defined by Adaptive Sports manuals
- Report program concerns or issues directly to supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
Administratively Supports Project as Needed, for example the Bikes to Go Program
- Schedule bike evaluations
- Schedule meetings with bikes to go committee members to assist in fundraising and events – coordinate with ED all fundraising and outreach efforts
- Work with ED to provide committee members with materials needed to seek sponsorships
- Work with committee members to identify grant opportunities
- Coordinate with physical therapists at hospital systems to identify children in need
- Order bikes for children and coordinate delivery based on funding available
- Work with parents on social fundraising to help raise funds for bike
- Gather photos and testimonials to be used on website and other promotional materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provide a weekly update report on the Bikes to Go Program
- Bring new ideas and opportunities to ED and Director to increase the Bikes to Go Program
Qualifications / Skills
- One to three years office administrative support experience preferred
- Associate’s degree, completion of college coursework or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, Google products, NeonCRM (or other database) and other administrative programs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in written, and the ability to successfully multi-task and collaborate with others
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Ability to prioritize projects enhancing work flow
- Use independent judgment in making decisions that affect day-to-day operations
- Attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness
- Ability to work with a variety of different people including potential sponsors, event managers, volunteers, participants with special needs, Board of Directors and program staff
- Non-profit experience a plus
ASC Career Application Form
Salary – $12 per hour
Status – Seasonal; 15-30 hrs per week; non- exempt. Employment May 1 – September,2019
Hours – Dependent on program schedule; regular weekend work, some evenings
Director of Sports and Volunteers
Summary Of Duties
The program coordinator’s primary role is to be an onsite staff contact at Adaptive Sports Connection programs in adaptive recreation. The program coordinator will spend the majority of time in the field delivering programs but should expect some days in the office to fill out program reports, assist with projects. Programs are held primarily in Powell at the Adaptive Sports Connection Adventure Center but may extend into the greater metro area. Programs vary in activities; such as cycling group rides, kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, special events and outings, and outreach events.
Areas of Responsibility
- Be an on-site staff contact at Adaptive Sports Connection Summer activities and programs: cycling group rides, kayaking, sailing, waterskiing, special events and outings, and outreach events, and others as needed.
- Assist in executing programs, event and activity logistics, participant evaluations, volunteer training and supervision.
- Coordinate with the Director of Sports and Volunteers, Sport lead, and Event Leader for each event to make sure events run smoothly.
- Provide support to the program office for general office administrative tasks including data entry, filing, processing mail, and maintaining administrative supplies.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with Adaptive Sports Connection community partners.
- Coordinate risk management issues related to programs to ensure that safety remains Adaptive Sports Connections prime goal.
- Assist Program Staff in the maintenance and usage of activity equipment.
- Be a positive representative and promoter of Adaptive Sports Connection programs, events, and activities in our community.
- Comply with Adaptive Sports Connection safety and health policies and procedures.
- Participate fully as a member of the Adaptive Sports Connection staff team; attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as identified.
- Experience facilitating group or 1:1 recreation activities. Specific experience in leading and or instruction in kayaking, cycling, sailing or waterskiing preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with disability preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Able to work flexible hours; including regular weekend work.