The strength of our programs is our volunteers, who are trained at specific levels to assure the highest level of safety and enjoyment. Our training programs follow Move United National guidelines and provide opportunities for volunteers to attain the highest level of professional adaptive sports certifications.
Below is a list of our current training materials and waivers and background checks needed to become a volunteer. We are constantly adding more training modules. If you have any questions about the volunteer experience, please contact Maddie Mattey at Maddie@AdaptiveSportsConnection.org.
General Volunteer Information
Winter Sports Volunteers
- Sailing Volunteers Guidelines and Responsibilities
- ASC Sailing Volunteer Training Curriculum
- ASC Sailing Procedures 123
- ASC Safety Boat and Outboard Motor Starting Instructions
- Glossary of Terms
- Depth Inlet Chart
- O’Day Daysailer II
- Hobie Wave Catamaran
- Catalina Capri 14.2
- Marine Radio Procedures and Training Guide
- Marine Radio Quick Start Guide
- Additional Sailing Resource Links
Adaptive Sports Connection Waivers and Background Check
Everyone is required to have a signed Adaptive Sports Connection waiver and complete a background check after your initial volunteer experience. For your convenience, we have provided a pdf download for you to submit.
Sports and Recreation Specific Information
More detailed information coming soon.